Known for its affordable plans, HostPapa is one of the few web hosting companies that are running on renewable energy. There are a number of web hosting plans available with HostPapa that will suit everyone from new to high-traffic websites.
With super fast and reliable VPS hosting, HostPapa gives ample room for your venture to grow. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee as well. The 24/7 customer support and 99.9% uptime are the cherry on the cake.
- HostPapa Review 2022
- HostPapa Hosting Features
- HostPapa Hosting Plans and Pricing
- HostPapa Uptime and Performance
- Security of HostPapa Hosting
- HostPapa Data Centers
- HostPapa Customer Support
- HostPapa Refund Policy
- Pros and Cons of HostPapa Hosting
- HostPapa Discount Offers
- HostPapa Alternatives
- Final Words on HostPapa Review
HostPapa Review 2022
Founded in 2006, HostPapa has experience of 14 years in the business. The company hosts more than 500,000 websites on its servers located in the US and Canada. One of the main reasons for HostPapa finding a strong spot in the hosting arena is its dedicated team of experts that provide 24/7 support to the customers.
The interesting aspect is that they provide support in multiple languages including English, French, Spanish, and German which makes it easier for the customers to interact.
HostPapa Hosting Features
- HostPapa uses SSD storage to reduce the chances of a server crashing. Also, SSD drives are much faster in comparison to HDD.
- The storage and bandwidth are unmetered.
- The support team is available 24/7 and they help in migrating from the old host as well without any additional cost.
- A domain name is included in all packages.
- HostPapa provides free SSL certification with every package. You can upgrade it to premium SSL as well.
- There is no limit on the number of websites that you can host in your space.
- HostPapa has a website builder included in the admin panel which allows you to quickly set up the website. The premium version also has a 1-click Facebook page creator.
- For e-commerce websites, they offer a dedicated IP address.
- HostPapa provides top-notch email solutions as well.
HostPapa Hosting Plans and Pricing
They provide web hosting in 5 different categories are Shared web hosting, WordPress hosting, Online store, VPS hosting, and Reseller Hosting. The company also has exclusive email hosting options.
Starting at just $3.95, the company offers affordable web hosting under three packages that are Starter, Business, and Business Pro.
Exclusive made for WordPress websites, these packages provide optimal speed and increase the performance of your website. There are three packages available that are WP Starter, WP Business, and WP Business Pro.
HostPapa provides extensive support for online stores with dedicated packages. The mobile-friendly shopping experience gives it a plus.
Starting at just $19.99 the company offers VPS hosting under 5 packages that are Plus, Pro, Premium, Ultra, and Extreme.
Under HostPapa you can avail of reseller hosting options starting at $19.95 where you will get 50 GB storage and 500 GB bandwidth. There are five packages available that are Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Titanium.
There are two options available that are Basic which will cost $1 per mailbox and Advanced which will cost $2 per mailbox.
HostPapa Uptime and Performance
On average, HostPapa provides 99.96% uptime. The company promises 99.99% uptime which is true with the majority of the clients.
At present, the company is host to more than 500,000 websites from across the globe. Performance-wise the webpages take approx 680ms to load which is a little faster than the market standards.
Security of HostPapa Hosting
HostPapa provides backups for your websites. In case something goes wrong with a website, you can ask them to restore it to the previous version. Customer care promptly replies to such requests.
The high-quality firewalls on the servers save the websites from hackers and DDoS attacks. The engineers at HostPapa regularly upgrade the software and hardware of the servers to ensure the safety and security of your content.
With every package, the company provides SSL certification that ensures the data transmitted via your website is encrypted.
HostPapa Data Centers
The company has two data centers in Canada and the US. Other than that the company also has 102 PoPs a.k.a Points of Presence covering over 50 countries in North America, South America, Oceania, Middle East, Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific, and China Mainland.
The data centers are equipped with temperature control and climate control. The raised floor facility ensures safety from floods. To ensure there is 24/7 electricity, the company has deployed UPS and standby generators.
HostPapa Customer Support
Hostpapa offers too many support options. Like other hosting companies, you can get support through live chat, phone calls, and tickets. Their support numbers are 1-888-959-PAPA  and (905) 315-3455. In addition, they have their own knowledge base and video tutorials.
HostPapa Refund Policy
Here, HostPapa also offers 30 days money-back guarantee. If you don’t like HostPapa services then you can cancel it within 30 days and get a full hosting refund from HostPapa.
Pros and Cons of HostPapa Hosting
- Uptime: The main positive aspect of the company’s performance is in the uptime they provide. With almost 99.99% uptime, your website will be up and running without any glitches.
- Support options: HostPapa provides an array of support options to choose from. With a strong knowledge base filled with text and tutorial videos, it has a solution to most of the issues right in front of you. Also, the company provides support via chat, email, phone, and even fax. The phone support is available for 18 countries with multiple language options including English, French, Spanish, and German.
- Security: The company has deployed security for all data centers. Also, the servers are upgraded periodically to ensure there are no loopholes.
- 30-day money-back guarantee: The company provides a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you want to opt-out of the services. Please note that the price of the domain is not included in the refunded amount.
- Affordable: Starting at just $3.95 per month, the packages with HostPapa are affordable and full of features.
- Speed: A lot of customers have raised the issue of average response time.
- Slow support: During peak hours, you may not get a reply from the support staff promptly. However, you can head to their social media handles for immediate support.
- Setup fee: Though they won’t charge setup fees at first in case you opt for a refund after the 30-day window they will deduct a fee of $29.95 as setup charges.
HostPapa Discount Offers
HostPapa offers a 70% discount on their web hosting plans and up to a 57% discount on WordPress hosting plans. To get more discounts, you can buy HostPapa hosting on special days like black friday and new year.
As an alternative to HostPapa, you can choose Bluehost hosting. All have nearly the same pricing with the same features.
Final Words on HostPapa Review
HostPapa is a feature-rich affordable web host that offers great uptime. The support staff is friendly and you can get support in multiple languages. The servers are secure and regularly updated to ensure the safety of the data. It is a good option for WordPress-based websites.
Recommended review articles to read: