For a website owner, web hosting plays a vital role in keeping the website on good terms with the search engines. It is important for the website to have security, above market standard uptime, fast loading time, and great backend support from the web host.
Flywheel is a comparatively new player in the market but the top-notch services the company provides for WordPress websites exclusively are hard to match. For those who are looking for a reliable web host for WordPress based websites and blogs with 24/7 support, Flywheel can be a good option.
Flywheel Hosting Reviews 2021
Established in 2012, Flywheel started with the main aim to serve customers who have WordPress based websites. With data centers at 10 locations across the globe, Flywheel serves more than 50k customers on its servers.
In July 2019, Flywheel was acquired by WP Engine which is a well-known web hosting company. WP Engine controls the operations and absorbed 200 employees working with Flywheel. The customers of Flywheel will not enjoy additional services and features offered by WP Engine.
Flywheel Hosting Features
- Performance insights: Flywheel provides detailed information about every visitor on your website including time spent, demographics and much more. It also provides a summary of the performance which makes it easier for the website owners to build a better strategy.
- Automatic updates: All the installations and plugins get automatic updates which make it easier for the website owners to stay secure.
- Multiple options to contact the support team: In case you find any glitch in your website or need support from the team, you can contact Flywheel via different channels that include live chat, email, and phone. They are active on social media accounts as well where they provide instant support.
- Free SSL: SSL certificate ensures that all the data that is transferred via your website is encrypted and secure. Flywheel provides free SSL with all websites and gives an option to upgrade it to premium SSL as well.
- Global presence: With 10 data centers and 30 CDN points of presence, Flywheel offers comprehensive and high-quality services to customers all across the globe.
- Auto-healing technology: In an event of failure, the websites hosted on Flywheel server auto-heal. For example, if there is an issue with the PHP installed on the server, it will auto-heal within a matter of seconds.
- Instant-scaling: In case you start to get high traffic all of a sudden, the services will get scaled automatically to accommodate higher footfall.
- Staging area: When you are installing or updating your website, you don’t have to put it in maintenance mode every time you want to make a change. The staging area will help you in testing the updated version without letting your main website go offline.
Flywheel Hosting Plans
Flywheel offers four packages for the customers to choose from.
- Starter: This package offers 5 GB storage with 50 GB bandwidth at $23 per month. It is ideal for new blogs or websites with a maximum footfall of 25k visitors per month.
- Freelancer: Ideal for those who have multiple websites to manage, this package allows you to have 10 WordPress installations. You will get 20 GB storage along with 200 GB bandwidth. It can handle up to 100k visitors per month.
- Agency: For those who host their own websites along with client’s websites, this is the best-suited package. You can have 30 WordPress installations. You will get 50 GB storage along with 500 GB bandwidth.
- Custom: In case you want more from the packages Flywheel is offering, you can contact the team and get a custom package for your website(s).
Flywheel Speed Test
On average, a 500 KB page hosted on Flywheel servers takes around 420 ms to load which is close to the market standard. The response rate is much better if you have opted for CDN services with the hosting package.
Flywheel promises 100% uptime which is possibly matched easily all thanks to Google Cloud Platform. However, in case your website goes down for any apparent reason which can be a hacking attempt, faulty plugin or a glitch in the code, you can contact the customer support and they will get the website up and running in no time.
As Flywheel has partnered with Google Cloud Platform to provide hosting, you can stay assured that the physical security of the data centers is beyond the expectation. On the software end, Flywheel provides free basic SSL certificates with all packages. Standard software and hardware updates are done on a regular basis. You can also opt for two-factor authentication to add an extra layer of security.
Flywheel Pros and Cons
Pros of Flywheel
- Flywheel offers WordPress hosting in association with Google Cloud Platforms which is one of the most secure options available.
- Flywheel offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- The IP blocking technology used by Flywheel stops any possible attack.
- The company provides 24/7 customer support.
- Free migration services come with every package.
- One-click staging area available for testing.
Cons of Flywheel
- The price of the packages is on the expensive side.
Flywheel Discount Offers
Flywheel offers a special 35% discount and 3 months of free hosting to our blog readers. To get this benefit, get Flywheel using the following link.
Final Words for Flywheel Hosting Reviews
Flywheel is one of the best options available for those who are looking for managed WordPress hosting. The company has more than 7 years of experience in the field and serves customers of all sizes from new blogs to high-traffic websites. The company has partnered with Google Cloud Platform to provide the best hosting solutions for WordPress based websites and blogs.
Other WordPress Hosting reviews: