Getting the right web host for your website has become crucial for the sustainability of the business or blog you are running. The importance of online presence has become so important that if your website is a second slower than your competitors, there is a chance that you may lose up to 11% of traffic.
For WordPress based websites, there are some additional features that the web host can do for better performance. DreamHost is one of the top web hosting companies that are in the business for more than 2 decades.
- 1 Dreamhost Review 2020
- 2 Dreamhost Features
- 3 Dreamhost Hosting Plans
- 4 Dreamhost Pricing
- 5 Dreamhost Speed Test
- 6 Dreamhost Uptime
- 7 Dreamhost Security
- 8 Dreamhost Refund Policy
- 9 Dreamhost Data Centers
- 10 Dreamhost Customer Support
- 11 Dreamhost Pros and Cons
- 12 Dreamhost Alternatives
- 13 Final Words on Dreamhost Review
Dreamhost Review 2020
Launched in 1997, DreamHost is one of the most popular web hosting companies with immense popularity. The company hosts over 1.5 million websites on its servers across the globe with over 750,000 WordPress installations. As a matter of fact, DreamHost is one of the very few hosting companies that are officially recommended by WordPress.
Dreamhost has won PCMag’s Business Choice Awards for their services for three consecutive years in 2014-2016. It is a carbon-neutral company and also a member of the US Green Chamber of Commerce.
- Dreamhost provides unmetered storage and bandwidth.
- The admin panel has a powerful 1-click installer for applications like WordPress.
- The company provides a free domain as well.
- You will get free privacy protection with every package.
- With every package, Dreamhost provides free basic SSL certification to ensure the encrypted flow of information from your website.
- Automatic backups ensure that your site remains up and running all the time.
- The company provides 24/7 support for all customers.
- Dreamhost provides free support for the setup and migration of your website or blog.
- They provide a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Dreamhost Hosting Plans
Dreamhost has divided the hosting plans into two main sections. One is exclusively for WordPress and the other section is meant for all customers irrespective of the CMS they are using.
- Shared WordPress hosting: Starting at as low as $2.59 per month, the company provides top quality WordPress hosting at a very affordable price. On the Shared Starter pack, you can host only one website which will cost you a minimum $2.59/month. On the Shared Unlimited pack, you can host unlimited websites at just $5.95/month.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: There are three packages that are DreamPress with 30 GB storage, DreamPress Plus with 60 GB storage and DreamPress Pro with 120 GB storage.
- WooCommerce Hosting: The packages are similar to Managed WordPress hosting with WooCommerce and StoreFront theme pre-installed as an additional feature.
The Company provides shared hosting for all users starting at just $2.59 per month. You can opt for Shared unlimited at $5.95 per month which allows you to host unlimited websites.
Starting at just $10 per month you can opt from four packages under VPS hosting that are Basic, Business, Professional and Enterprise based on your resource requirement.
Fully Managed Dedicated Server
Those who have a high traffic website(s) or require a lot of resources, Dreamhost dedicated servers are the best option.
Under cloud hosting Dreamhost provides two options that are DreamCompute that is meant for the websites and DreamObjects that are meant for the Apps.
|Plan Name||Starting Price|
Dreamhost Speed Test
The average load time for the websites hosted on Dreamhost servers is less than a second which makes it better than 95% of the web hosting services available in the market. On the YSlow test, the company scores 83 points which are among the top hosting companies. The WordPress based websites get special attention from the hosting company which ensures fast loading speed.
Dreamhost promises 100% uptime for all its users. The automatic backups ensure that in case of any drive crash, your data remains to save which makes it easier for the host to recover it almost immediately. Also, the support staff is available 24/7 to rectify any issue that occurs with your website.
Dreamhost has high-end firewalls installed on all servers to provide security from hackers and DDoS attacks. From time-to-time, the engineers at Dreamhost upgrade both software and hardware of the servers to keep up with the advancements in the hosting sector. Regular automatic backups provide an additional layer of security for the content. It also provides free SSL certification which ensures that the data transferred from your website is encrypted.
Dreamhost Refund Policy
Industry’s biggest money-back guarantee provided by Dreamhost. They offer 97 days money-back guarantee. If you don’t like their services then you can cancel it within 97 days of purchase and you will get a full refund.
Dreamhost Data Centers
Dreamhost has two data centers. They are located in Ashburn Virginia and Hillsboro Oregon.
Dreamhost Customer Support
They offer 24/7 support through the award-winning experts’ team.
Dreamhost Pros and Cons
- No plugin restriction: A lot of WordPress web hosting companies do not allow some specific plugins to be installed on your website as they may slow down the website. However, with Dreamhost, there is no such restriction. You can install or test any plugin available with WordPress.
- Free domain name: The Company offers a free domain name with every package along with free privacy protection.
- No setup charges with monthly billing: In case you opt for the monthly billing, you do not have to pay any additional charges for the setup.
- Recommended by WordPress: Dreamhost is one of the very few companies that are officially recommended by WordPress.
- No cPanel: Dreamhost has its own admin panel and does not provide cPanel with the packages that allow you to manage your billing and hosting at one place. Those who are familiar with cPanel may find it hard to understand.
- Support may be slow: They provide chat-based support along with ticket support but many customers have reported that their bot-based chat support does not get redirected to the support team quickly. They do reply quickly on their social media handles but that may get a slow response too from time-to-time.
Final Words on Dreamhost Review
Dreamhost is one of the most reliable hosting solutions available in the market. As they are recommended officially by WordPress, you can rely on their expertise while choosing the right package. As their support system is a little slower you can call it a DIY web hosting solution and should not panic in case you do not get an immediate response. The overall uptime, price, and features are better than the majority of the competitors.
Check out other review articles: